- Research grant from Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation for research on democratic self-defence
- Research grant from the Swedish Research Council to TRAMPOLINE
- Call for Papers and registration open for NEEDS 2019
- Anders Sjögren lectures at the Swedish Forum for Human Rights
- Study visit to IDEA
- Johanna Pettersson defends her thesis 2 November
Department in Media
- Schoolchildren around the world are on climate strike. Heres what you need to know. 2019-03-15
- "Slovakiens Erin Brokovich" kan bli president 2019-03-15
- En unik handlingskraft 2019-03-15
- 91 forskare: I dag bör vi alla klimatprotestera 2019-03-15
- - Har samverkan blivit krishanteringens slasktratt? 2019-03-13
Lena Noreland defends her thesis 5 April at 13:15 in Brusewitzsalen, Östra Ågatan 19.
Research at the Department of Government
Our research is characterised by methodological diversity, ranging from advanced statistical analysis to historical methods and analysis of ideas, and covers all major sub-areas of political science. A central focus of much of our research are questions of power and democracy as they arise in Sweden, Europe and the Global South.
- "Civil Protection Cooperation in the European Union" Sten Widmalm's, Charles Parker's and Thomas Persson's book acknowledged as "best book on EU Civil Protection".
- "Democracy, Participation and the Role of Civil Society", Li Bennich-Björkman in this years panel at Kastellholms talks on peace.
- "Why Academic Freedom Matters". See Li Bennich-Björkman's 2018 TEDx talk.